What is DHI Hair Transplantation?
DHI (Direct Hair Transplant) is also called as the “pen method”. This method has become increasingly popular in recent years and is one of the methods preferred by many people. The method makes use of a specially designed pen (choi pen) to plant harvested hair follicles in a short time.
However, DHI Hair Transplant Method is not a new method. It is another way of practice for hair transplantations using FUE logic.
How is DHI Hair Transplantation Operation Performed?
Let’s talk about the 3 main stages of the operation. These are; Harvesting the grafts, opening the slits, and finally planting the harvested hair follicles.
Within seconds after harvesting the graft, the medical pen used in DHI method both opens the slit and places the follice in this slit. This procedure is carried out separately in other methods. In DHI, it is performed in one go with the help of the pen-like medical tool. The only distinction between other methods and DHI is the slit technique we have discussed. Other steps are carried out in the same way. Which are:
- Individually loosening and harvesting the hair follicles on the donor area.
- Making the hair grafts that contain the root and the tissue ready to plant after a short separation process.
- The operation starts after the hair roots are placed in the special pen-like tool.
- Hair follicles are placed on the scalp with this medical tool. This tool is very thin and sharp-pointed, also has a structure in which the hair root can be stored. The medical pen places the hair root when the button at the end of it is pressed.
- While plantation operation continues, separated hair is placed inside the pen. Thus, the waiting time for the hair follicles is shortened.
- In DHI Hair Transplantation Method, damage to hair grafts is minimized, and the scalp immediately enters a rapid healing process.
How Many Hours Does DHI Hair Transplantation Take?
The operation takes 6 to 8 hours. But operation time may vary depending on the patient’s hair health and the size of the operation area. An important point to pay attention before hair transplantation is informing your specialist of any illness you have.
What are the Advantages of DHI Hair Transplantation Method?
- Since there are no open wounds (slits) in this method, scabs fall off and heal rapidly.
- Unlike other methods, hair follicles are placed in the planting area ready to grow. Thus, the development and growth stage of the transplanted hair takes place in a much shorter period of time.
- The sebaceous oil is necessary for the development of the hair and the outer membrane that protects the hair follicle are taken together with the hair graft and carried to the hairless area to be transplanted.
- There are no bistouries used in DHI Hair Transplantation Method. Which minimizes the risk of infections on the skin. Since there are no holes opened on the donor area, operation ends painlessly.
- Since there are no strips of tissue taken from the scalp, there is no scarring.
Are There Incisions in DHI Hair Restoration Method?
This method is not a surgical operation. No interventions such as sutures and incisions etc. are made on the scalp.
Why Should One Prefer DHI Hair Transplantation Method?
- This method allows for denser hair transplantation. So your hair will look more natural.
- In the DHI Method, the waiting process of hair grafts is minimized. Thus, the possibility of hair graft loss that could occur both during and after the operation is minimized.
- New hair is planted without damaging the existing hair. This is a major advantage for individuals who have not completely lost their hair.